I’ve been a busy lady these days, so busy in fact that I have grossly neglected this blog. It’s pregnancy brain I tell you plus I’m hungry and tired ALL THE TIME. Sometimes just getting home and waddling to my couch feels like an accomplishment.
Back to busy. So, here’s the scoop:
- My book has a cover! Woot woot! I’ll share more about that in a separate post.
- I applied for the Loft McKnight Artist Fellowships for Writers. It’s likely a crazy long shot, but what’s the harm in trying?
- I entered the Button Poetry Chapbook contest.
- I currently have 13 pieces out for consideration at four journals and magazines: Revolver,
AGNI, Cream City Reviewand Beloit Poetry Journal.
- I’m 20 weeks pregnant tomorrow. Last week we found out we’re having a boy!
- Related to 5 – Did I tell you, we decided on a March 1 launch for Tiptoe and Whisper? So if you thought I was crazy before, just you wait! Book baby and baby-baby at the same time. Buckle up for safety!
- The second Writers Read was AMAZE BALLS!! Whoa. There are some amazing writers in the twin cities.
- I’ll be reading at Five Watt Coffee on Nov. 17 with four other amazing folks – come check us out!
- I’m in the process of soliciting reviews for Tiptoe and Whisper. The first review I got made me cry. I can’t explain how amazing it is to admire a writer and have them tell you that they enjoy your work, that your words move and/or touch them.
- There are two ladies you NEED to have in your reading/writing/Facebook & Twitter following life: Lisa Harris of Fashion Meets Poetry and Elizabeth Tannen. These ladies are doin’ the damn thang!
That’s what this is about lovelies – community, encouragement, lifting others up and letting them lift you. Life is hard, be kind to each other.